Connect with us

Local News

Cyclone Seroja: Jamie Wooldridge dies after being electrocuted at Ningaloo Reef resort

Published

on


A 38-year-old maintenance man who died after being electrocuted while trying to secure a fallen power pole during weekend storms in WA has been remembered as a “wonderful human.”

Jamie Wooldridge, from Coral Bay, was working at the Ningaloo Reef Resort on Saturday when the tragedy occurred.

In the video above, drone footage shows Kalbarri devastated by cyclone

The man received an electric shock after trying to secure a pole that provided power to caravans, The West Australian reports.

The pole had fallen over in strong winds lashing the area from the tropical low that crossed over the coast north of Carnarvon on the weekend.

St John Ambulance rushed the man to the Coral Bay Nursing Post, but he died from his injuries.

WorkSafe and…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

Two men arrested after Tactical Response Group descend on Bullsbrook property after reports of gunfire
Strong interest in serradella stock | Farm Weekly